Respond Power offers PPL customers day-ahead time-of-use curtailment incentive
PennFuture reports on a new program from Respond Power, serving customers in PPL energy territory and allowing them ‘respond’ to day-ahead peak demand announcements with curtailed consumption. Successful conservators receive incentive payments at the end of the month if their ‘demand response’ profile for the entire month was good enough.
Currently, Respond Power is marketing the program to customers in the PPL service territory, where both residential and commercial consumers have smart meters. Smart meters allow Respond Power to track a customer’s electricity consumption on an hourly basis. The company alerts enrolled customers a day in advance as to when peak price spikes will occur the following day. The company then tracks the customer’s hourly usage during the targeted peak hours and, at the end of the month, a virtual Smart Bill is created. If the Smart Bill is lower than the regular bill, the customer receives a rebate for the difference.
If you are an electric customer in the PPL service territory and are interested in switching to Respond Power, visit https://www.respondpowerrewards.com/.
More HELP available for energy efficiency upgrades
Looking to make your home more energy efficient? Pennsylvanians can now couple Keystone HELP energy efficiency loans with utility rebate programs for HVAC, whole house improvements and other qualifying energy efficiency products.
Read more at Keystone HELP.
Customer Resource Blog Categories
Off-site Links ->
- Annapolis Home Inspection, LLC Aluminum branch circuits, homes 1965-1972
- ComplianceAndSafety.com OSHA Electrical Safety Training
- Electric Monk TV (YouTube) Video channel for PhillyLicensedElectrician.com Robert Monk
- EnergyConservation HowTo A tinkerer genius discusses energy conservation and his ladder system for accessing the attic (where a lot of energy-saving work happens).
- PennFuture Energy Center Energy and energy efficiency news for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Phila area rife with building efficiency upgrade opportunities Philadelphia Inquirer article discusses recent study showing Philadelphia’s inner-ring suburbs stand to save from energy conservation retrofits.
- Philadelphia Row-house Manual A design, maintenance, and modifications manual for our most widely-used form of housing.
- Robert Monk Robert Monk’s personal blog
- SolarCities (DOE) Solar PV Levelized Cost Interactive Comparator Simple graph compares ‘levelized cost’ of energy from solar PV to conventional grid rates, with a time-slider interactive feature.
- The Circuit Detective – Solve Home Electrical Problems Yourself! Electrical troubleshooting procedures pitched to homeowners.
- The Energy Co-op Blog from a leading alternative energy provider in PECO territory, includes fun conservation tips.
- Weatherization: the anti-Solyndra Salon.com article praising the continued success of the federal Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), low-income energy-savings and job-creation.
- West Philly Tool Library Official site of WPTL, Philly’s own community tool lending library: like a book library, but tools!
- WestPhillyLocal .com Site name say sit all.
- Bartram's Gardens Founded in Philadelphia’s colonial era, today the gardens continue pioneering in horticulture and agriculture with a variety of herbs, trees and other vegetation in an arboretum/gardens on the Schulkill River banks, and a new farm abutting sadly neglected
- HiddenCity Philadelphia Surprising places it takes an adventurer to discover; events, too.
- Philly Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Schedule City of Philadelphia dates and places for disposing of spent batteries, CFL lamps, unused paint and cleaning products, etc. LovePhilly: don’t pour these in the drain or send them out with the trash.
- Reading Terminal Market Purveyors of fine foods and foodie stuff, all under one roof downtown under the PA Convention Center
- Secret Garden on the Rails Jacques-Jean Tiziou shows some dramatic natural and urban and naturalized-urban scenes along abandoned rails of Philadelphia
- Sketch Burger, Fishtown A vegan-friendly burger joint with a #1 in Philly contender beef burger, best fries that somehow stay fresh for 1/2 hour while you tackle burger, and a vegan cafe vibe of friendly folks.
- WXPN: Philly sings in key of love Love songs by Philly artists