- Attic insulation
- Door and windows upgrades
- Water heater replacement
- Boiler/furnace replacements and upgrades
- PECO website resource telephone numbers, including LIHEAP (qualifying incomes <160% of federal poverty level).
- PECO LIURP Information Page (<200% of federal poverty level)
- EAP / PECO Energy Usage Reduction Programs (LIURP), including assistance for appliance replacement, new doors and windows, attic insulation and more. (200% of Federal Poverty Level)
- PA Sunshine rebates for solar PV and solar thermal (hot water and/or space heating) issue at the maximum level for moderate-income individuals whose income is no more than 60% of the state median income level:
Applicants that are eligible for low income solar assistance must verify their income is 60 percent of the state median income as defined by Pennsylvania’s Department of Public Welfare. Below are the gross income limits based on household size for tax reporting purposes.
PA Sunshine ‘highest rebate’ income limit for households sized (number of people):
Each Additional Person Add $5,400
PA Sunshine moderate-income applicants who apply for solar assistance will be required to report and verify all earned and unearned income to determine eligibility. Sources of income verification include but are not limited to:
- Tax Returns (Federal or State)
- Employer’s statement of past or anticipated earnings
- Statements documenting income
Leave a comment
Customer Resource Blog Categories
Off-site Links ->
- Annapolis Home Inspection, LLC Aluminum branch circuits, homes 1965-1972
- ComplianceAndSafety.com OSHA Electrical Safety Training
- Electric Monk TV (YouTube) Video channel for PhillyLicensedElectrician.com Robert Monk
- EnergyConservation HowTo A tinkerer genius discusses energy conservation and his ladder system for accessing the attic (where a lot of energy-saving work happens).
- PennFuture Energy Center Energy and energy efficiency news for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Phila area rife with building efficiency upgrade opportunities Philadelphia Inquirer article discusses recent study showing Philadelphia’s inner-ring suburbs stand to save from energy conservation retrofits.
- Philadelphia Row-house Manual A design, maintenance, and modifications manual for our most widely-used form of housing.
- Robert Monk Robert Monk’s personal blog
- SolarCities (DOE) Solar PV Levelized Cost Interactive Comparator Simple graph compares ‘levelized cost’ of energy from solar PV to conventional grid rates, with a time-slider interactive feature.
- The Circuit Detective – Solve Home Electrical Problems Yourself! Electrical troubleshooting procedures pitched to homeowners.
- The Energy Co-op Blog from a leading alternative energy provider in PECO territory, includes fun conservation tips.
- Weatherization: the anti-Solyndra Salon.com article praising the continued success of the federal Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), low-income energy-savings and job-creation.
- West Philly Tool Library Official site of WPTL, Philly’s own community tool lending library: like a book library, but tools!
- WestPhillyLocal .com Site name say sit all.
- Bartram's Gardens Founded in Philadelphia’s colonial era, today the gardens continue pioneering in horticulture and agriculture with a variety of herbs, trees and other vegetation in an arboretum/gardens on the Schulkill River banks, and a new farm abutting sadly neglected
- HiddenCity Philadelphia Surprising places it takes an adventurer to discover; events, too.
- Philly Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Schedule City of Philadelphia dates and places for disposing of spent batteries, CFL lamps, unused paint and cleaning products, etc. LovePhilly: don’t pour these in the drain or send them out with the trash.
- Reading Terminal Market Purveyors of fine foods and foodie stuff, all under one roof downtown under the PA Convention Center
- Secret Garden on the Rails Jacques-Jean Tiziou shows some dramatic natural and urban and naturalized-urban scenes along abandoned rails of Philadelphia
- Sketch Burger, Fishtown A vegan-friendly burger joint with a #1 in Philly contender beef burger, best fries that somehow stay fresh for 1/2 hour while you tackle burger, and a vegan cafe vibe of friendly folks.
- WXPN: Philly sings in key of love Love songs by Philly artists