About this site…
This site is here to encourage you to contact me. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, always feel free to call, or email via the Contact link in the site’s header menu.
PhillyLicensedElectrician.com is built and maintained on WordPress
WordPress is a web log (blog) application that runs on the website host server delivering query results in real time instead of using static HTML source files. This arrangement provides flexibility for original design and subsequent modifications, to the point where the entire look and feel of a site may be transformed with the click of a button.
PhillyLicensedElectrician.com is customized with SEO consultation and initial setup by YourCustomBlog.com.
YourCustomBlog.com offers WordPress configuration and customization combined with search engine optimization (SEO) consultation to provide an outstanding and cost-effective web platform for your content. YCB also consulted on the development of the web site for Solar Marketing Group.
The essential functions of the site will always be available via clear menus across the header and footer, and sidebar (when visible). However, some pages and older posts may not appear prominently in these menus. A link to content related to any page or post you may view appears as a ‘Tags’ list at the bottom of the page or post. A ‘tag cloud’ of all topics in this site appears in the sidebar (when visible).
If there is something you can’t find, try the Search feature, always in the sidebar (always visible except on the home page). Or give me a call at the number in the header.
Off-site Links ->
- Annapolis Home Inspection, LLC Aluminum branch circuits, homes 1965-1972
- ComplianceAndSafety.com OSHA Electrical Safety Training
- Electric Monk TV (YouTube) Video channel for PhillyLicensedElectrician.com Robert Monk
- EnergyConservation HowTo A tinkerer genius discusses energy conservation and his ladder system for accessing the attic (where a lot of energy-saving work happens).
- PennFuture Energy Center Energy and energy efficiency news for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Phila area rife with building efficiency upgrade opportunities Philadelphia Inquirer article discusses recent study showing Philadelphia’s inner-ring suburbs stand to save from energy conservation retrofits.
- Philadelphia Row-house Manual A design, maintenance, and modifications manual for our most widely-used form of housing.
- Robert Monk Robert Monk’s personal blog
- SolarCities (DOE) Solar PV Levelized Cost Interactive Comparator Simple graph compares ‘levelized cost’ of energy from solar PV to conventional grid rates, with a time-slider interactive feature.
- The Circuit Detective – Solve Home Electrical Problems Yourself! Electrical troubleshooting procedures pitched to homeowners.
- The Energy Co-op Blog from a leading alternative energy provider in PECO territory, includes fun conservation tips.
- Weatherization: the anti-Solyndra Salon.com article praising the continued success of the federal Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), low-income energy-savings and job-creation.
- West Philly Tool Library Official site of WPTL, Philly’s own community tool lending library: like a book library, but tools!
- WestPhillyLocal .com Site name say sit all.
- Bartram's Gardens Founded in Philadelphia’s colonial era, today the gardens continue pioneering in horticulture and agriculture with a variety of herbs, trees and other vegetation in an arboretum/gardens on the Schulkill River banks, and a new farm abutting sadly neglected
- HiddenCity Philadelphia Surprising places it takes an adventurer to discover; events, too.
- Philly Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Schedule City of Philadelphia dates and places for disposing of spent batteries, CFL lamps, unused paint and cleaning products, etc. LovePhilly: don’t pour these in the drain or send them out with the trash.
- Reading Terminal Market Purveyors of fine foods and foodie stuff, all under one roof downtown under the PA Convention Center
- Secret Garden on the Rails Jacques-Jean Tiziou shows some dramatic natural and urban and naturalized-urban scenes along abandoned rails of Philadelphia
- Sketch Burger, Fishtown A vegan-friendly burger joint with a #1 in Philly contender beef burger, best fries that somehow stay fresh for 1/2 hour while you tackle burger, and a vegan cafe vibe of friendly folks.
- WXPN: Philly sings in key of love Love songs by Philly artists