This was a straightforward 200A service upgrade job on the service side, but a nest of badly labeled branch circuit conductors in a shared raceway (3/4″ conduit) made re-connection at the new service disconnect/breaker panel more difficult than it could have been.
I include a GFCI receptacle with service equipment replacements/upgrades, and in this case I also installed a switched utility service light to facilitate finding breakers or further work at the service disconnect/distribution breaker panel location.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Find Electrical Answers
Electrical (off site) ->
- EEschools.org's Top 101 Electrical Resources Sites Banner headings, summary description and links to good electrical resource websites.
- Electric Monk TV (YouTube) Video channel for PhillyLicensedElectrician.com Robert Monk
- Electrical Engineering Resources EEWeb.com Resources for electronics design and assembly, and electrical
- EnergyConservation HowTo A tinkerer genius discusses energy conservation and his ladder system for accessing the attic (where a lot of energy-saving work happens).
- Guide to Lamps by Candela Corp. Helpful diagrams of base types, bulb shapes, beam angles, color temperature, many other characteristics.
- Has defective drywall damaged your electrical HVAC, plumbing or other systems? A-1 Certified Home Inspections: Defective Drywall Inspections
- Inspectapedia: Evaluation & Repair of Knob-and-Tube Wiring Thorough, illustrated discussion of proper and improper knob-and-tube wiring, its main characteristics and liabilities.
- PennFuture Energy Center Energy and energy efficiency news for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Robert Monk Robert Monk’s personal blog
- The Circuit Detective – Solve Home Electrical Problems Yourself! Electrical troubleshooting procedures pitched to homeowners.
- The Energy Co-op Blog from a leading alternative energy provider in PECO territory, includes fun conservation tips.
- WestPhillyLocal .com Site name say sit all.
- Bartram's Gardens Founded in Philadelphia’s colonial era, today the gardens continue pioneering in horticulture and agriculture with a variety of herbs, trees and other vegetation in an arboretum/gardens on the Schulkill River banks, and a new farm abutting sadly neglected
- Cheap Date Philadelphia: top 5 kissing benches Little known spots to steal a smooch
- Council calls for renewable energy hub Clean Air Council lays out the case for Philadelphia’s long term best benefit from choosing conservation and efficiency investments over gas pipelines.
- HiddenCity Philadelphia Surprising places it takes an adventurer to discover; events, too.
- Map of Philly area EV charging stations (EVSE) Clean Air Council’s downloadable map of Philadelphia area EVSE
- Philadelphia Row-house Manual A design, maintenance, and modifications manual for our most widely-used form of housing.
- Philly Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Schedule City of Philadelphia dates and places for disposing of spent batteries, CFL lamps, unused paint and cleaning products, etc. LovePhilly: don’t pour these in the drain or send them out with the trash.
- Philly Summer Outdoor Movies
- Quiet landscaping service / Green solar lawn care Home page for franchisor headquarters and estimating forms for services by franchizees nationwide
- Reading Terminal Market Purveyors of fine foods and foodie stuff, all under one roof downtown under the PA Convention Center
- Secret Garden on the Rails Jacques-Jean Tiziou shows some dramatic natural and urban and naturalized-urban scenes along abandoned rails of Philadelphia
- Sketch Burger, Fishtown A vegan-friendly burger joint with a #1 in Philly contender beef burger, best fries that somehow stay fresh for 1/2 hour while you tackle burger, and a vegan cafe vibe of friendly folks.
- West Philly Tool Library Official site of WPTL, Philly’s own community tool lending library: like a book library, but tools!
- WXPN: Philly sings in key of love Love songs by Philly artists